When we aquired Ovens and Kiewa Concrete in late 2013, Scott Matheson brought his extensive knowledge and 100 year family quarrying legacy to the Mawsons brand. Find out a little more about Scott and our role in North Eastern Victoria.....
- What is your role and how long have you worked at Mawsons?
My role is Customer Accounts Manager North Eastern Region – Quarries, since December 2013, following the sale of Ovens and Kiewa Concrete to Mawsons.
- Describe your favourite part of the job:
The role is very challenging due to the large customer base, range of products and geography. My favourite part is working with a team of committed people and customers to get successful outcomes.
- What is your best childhood memory?
Working with my Dad at Chiltern Quarry on school holidays (pre WorkSafe!) in a tie with North Melbourne’s Premierships 1975, 1977
- You will usually find me..... watching Larry David comedy’s, reading, studying Law, or at a pool watching my kids swim, and playing other sports.
- What is your training/vocational background before Mawsons?
Following HSC, I completed a Bachelor of Science at Monash University, then Business Studies at Deakin University off campus. My work history began working in laboratories in the Environmental, Pharmaceuticals and Mining Industries in Melbourne and Perth, through to Business Development and as National Manager of a large Laboratory Group, before working as Managing Director of Ovens and Kiewa Concrete from 2002-2013.
- At the moment I am really excited about..... my 16 year old son, Will competing at the Australian Swimming Championships in April, at SOPAC in Sydney. It has been a 4 year grind of 8 sessions a week, and countless swimming carnivals, but a great achievement and reward for effort for Will and our family.